Honeymoon: Siem Reap, Cambodia

Monday, August 5, 2013

^^ Visiting the beautiful temples of Angkor Wat (with my flowy Thai pants..... not my cutest look but very comfy in the million degree heat).



^^ Crazy roots taking over the temple walls. They actually filmed Tomb Raider at this temple!






To keep the adventure of our honeymoon going, we decided to pop over to Cambodia to explore the temples of Angkor Wat. It has been on my husbands bucket list forever so of course we had to go since we were only a short flight away.
The temples were so incredibly beautiful with so much history. They were so much different than the temples in Thailand. We hired a guide to take us around for the day since we only had that one day to explore all the temples. Our guide was great. He had so much knowledge to share with us. He even took us to the temple that they filmed Tomb Raider at!
We also got to see lots of monkeys while we were there, which I loved..... at first. I decided that I didn't like the monkeys so much after one came running up, grabbed onto my pants, climbed up my backpack, onto my head! I freaked out and Evan had to get the monkey off of me. Such a sweet guy saving me from the crazy monkey!
After a long (hot!) day of walking through the temples, we went back to our hotel and ordered room service. But the next night, we headed over to Pub Street to check out the action. With tons of bars and restaurants lining this street, it was super lively! Music coming from every place you passed and patios packed with people. We had a great meal, where they cooked it right in front of us on the table. After dinner, we walked around the night market. It was a great evening!

Although we were only in Cambodia for 2 days, we got to see some really incredible sites and I'm so happy we went!
Next stop: Back to Thailand to explore the islands!!!

XO,
K











1 comment

  1. Another exciting chapter! Incredible journey to start off your new life together.

    ReplyDelete