DIY: Bar Stool Makeover

Thursday, January 23, 2014


Ok, so I'm super excited about this project I just completed for our house. I've really been trying to lighten up our whole house, starting with the living room. ... And I've never really liked these boring old bar stools we had, they are just so BLAH. So I thought, "There has to be some kind of DIY project I can do with these to spruce them up and make them more attractive". Here's what I came up with.

I started with the basic bar stools, unscrewing the cushions from the metal base.

Next, I did 2 coats for white primer.

Once the primer layers were dry, I coated it in a gold "hammered" look spray paint. Again, I did several layers to make sure it was evenly coated and covered.

For the cushions, I bought a Faux Sheepskin Rug from Ikea ($9.99.... can't beat that price!!) that I cut in half and wrapped around each cushion. To secure it, I used a staple gun to staple the fabric to the underside, cutting away any extra fabric. Then I simply screwed them back on to the base and.......

TA-DA!!! A brand new look for a boring old stool. 
Not so boring anymore, huh!?

I'm so stoked on how they turned out and even better, how easy and cheap it was to do!

XO,
K







Post a Comment