Game Day Yums

Wednesday, September 4, 2013






With football season starting tomorrow (YAY!), I figured I would post a few ideas for football munchies that I've been looking at on Pinterest. We are also attending a friends "First Football Sunday" party on Sunday, so I'm collecting ideas of what to make for that also. There are so many fun, creative ideas out there!

Since the first round of games on Sunday start at 10am, I thought it would be fun to do a "Make you own Bloody Mary Bar". I have been wanting to try making a homemade bloody mary mix instead of just buying store bought, so Sunday might be the perfect opportunity to try it!

One of my fav dips to make for any kind of party is the Jalapeño Dip with Ritz crackers. I was introduced to this gem of a dip by my sister and let me tell ya, it's AWESOME! Big hit! The only tricky part is making it with the jalapeños..... they are super gnarly and burn your hands, anything you touch, and your eyes when cutting them (way worse than onions!). I highly suggest wearing gloves for that part of the prep. For a BBQ we had just this past weekend for Labor Day, I made 2 of this dip.... one with bacon and one without for the vegetarians. Both are delicious, but the bacon one seems to be the bigger hit! 

The little chocolate covered strawberry footballs are so cute for a dessert option. I might have to make some for Sunday and put them on a cute platter with a field goal post in the middle. How cute would that look!?

Do you guys have any game day favorites or go-to's?? I wanna hear 'em so don't hesitate to leave comments! Hope everyone is having a good, short week.... its already hump day! Side note- Has everyone seen the camel hump day commercial!? It's sooo stinkin' funny...... "Mike, Mike, Mike, Guess what day it is? Hump Daaay!" Hahaha :)

XO,
K
  





Post a Comment