Stuffed Peppers

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Last night I tried out a new recipe for stuffed peppers so I thought I would share it with everyone.
They were yummy, however, next time I think I will alter the recipe to make them a little less "crumbly". I will share an updated recipe as soon as I try it!


Ingredients:

  • 1lb ground turkey (you can also use ground beef if you want)
  • Red or green peppers (I used 2 of each)
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 onion, diced (I bought the pre-chopped package found near the salads in the grocery store)
  • Shredded cheese
Start by chopping the tops off the peppers. Clean out insides of peppers, removing any seeds and rinsing. Set aside.

Cook ground turkey. Add taco seasoning, water (following directions from the taco seasoning packet), onions, beans, and corn. Bring to boil and simmer.

 The ingredients above say 1 can of beans, 1 can corn, and 1 onion diced but I just added as much as I felt was good. I ended up not using the whole can of beans or corn, more like 3/4 of the can. Feel free to use as much or as little as you feel on this step.

Place peppers in a dish and fill with meat mixture. I put the remaining mixture around the sides to help hold the peppers upright so they don't tip over.

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Remove from oven and top with cheese. Place back in oven for another 5 minutes.

Serve up and enjoy!

Again, this recipe is very crumbly once you cut the pepper open to eat. Stay tuned for an update to make this meal easier to eat!


XO,
K





Post a Comment